Monday, December 16, 2013

A CHRISTMAS GRINCH????

All morning it has snowed hard. I don't get outside so I just watched it from the windows. I 2 p.m.now and the snow has stopped, for now anyway. No sunshine and that I miss. I'm not sure of the temperature but you can be sure it is cold! Christmas is surely to be white and is almost here. I'm not ready. I don't have all my cards out and certainly don't have gifts ready. Since I have gotten up in years I see Christmas so different. I can't find Santa Claus with any connection. We seem to have lost the truth that Christmas in really the birthday to homor our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. So why substitue Santa? And there are Santa's elves, make believe slaves actually, making toys, taking care of deer and the sleigh, and all other parts of Santa's job. Still, as everyone says, it's for the children. I will admit in my younger years I would have agreed, but I have to say, we should be true to the truth. I only hope people will agree what the truth of Christmas really is! Blessings, Betty G

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I agree. We have decided not to do Santa with our kids. We can still make it fun without all of that. And it leaves more room to focus on other things.