It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test.
This is a clever test but it is copied, I would never be clever enough to think of it.
Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it is important that we keep mentally alert. The saying: "if you don't use it you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so...............
Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Take the test presented here and determine if you are "losing it" or are still "with it." The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you have made your answer. Now play fair!!
OK, relax, clear your mind and ... begin.
1. What do you put into a toaster?
Answer: "bread." If you said, "toast," then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, "bread," go to Question 2.
2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell"silk." what do cows drink?
Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate such as children's world.
If you said "water," then proceed to question 3.
3. If a red house is made from red bricks and blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?
Answer: Greenhouses are made of glass. If you said "green bricks," "what are you still doing here reading these questions?????? If you said "glass," then go on to Question 4.
4. It's 20 years ago and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. If you will recall, Germany at that time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany.
Anyway, during the flight, two of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash land procedure.
Unfortunately, the engine fails before he has time and plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land," between East Germany and West Germany.
Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or "no man's land?"
Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors!! If you said anything else, you are a lost case and must never try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your effort would not be appreciated. If you said, "Don't bury the survivors," then proceed to the next question.
5. This is a toughy. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off, and 16 people get on.
In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on in Carmathen, six people get off, and three get on. You then arrive in Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver???
Answer: Oh, for crying our loud!!!!
Don't you remember your own name?? It was YOU !!!
Did you find out your are smarter that we thought you were???????